Transfer Credits

If you have earned graduate-level credits at another institution, you may be able to transfer them and apply them toward the Master of Science in Nursing degree requirements under the following policies:

• On a case-by-case basis, a student may petition to have graduate credit from an accredited college or university counted as the equivalent of another course in the curriculum and accepted as transfer credit.
  • In such cases, a student will have to supply a course syllabus to ensure that the content in the course taken at another university is equivalent to the content of the course in the Master of Science in Nursing curriculum.
  • A course with a similar name or the same name as a course offered at the University of Cincinnati does not necessarily mean that the content of the course is similar enough to accept it as transfer credit to our program.

Students must be fully admitted to the program before graduate credit from another university will be evaluated by the Master of Science in Nursing faculty.

Tags:

Post A Question or Comment

9 − = eight

Learn More

Comments

• Yan Sun He said:

I took 5 Adult Nurse Practitioner classes at UC from 2000 to 2001. Can I transfer this to the Psychiatric nursing program?

• Veronica Olivo said:

Hi Yan Sun,
      Thank you for your question. Transfer credits are determined on a case-by-case basis. Students can be considered or other tracks by submitting the specialty change forms. The process can take 4-6 weeks for the decision outcome. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Veronica

• jamie said:

Is it possible to transfer graduate credits after completion to another university for a DNP degree? Is this a regionally accredited school?

• Pamela Bush said:

Hello Jamie, transfer credits are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please click here to view UC’s doctoral transfer credit policy. Yes, the University of Cincinnati is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Eric Moore said:

I will start the FNP program next spring. I just checked with the hospital I currently work at and they do not have an agreement with UC to allow me to complete my clinicals there. How do I locate local institutes to complete my clinicals?

• Pamela Bush said:

Hello Eric, please call your Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 and she will be able to provide you with guidance and resources regarding preceptors and clinical sites. You may also click here to view additional details regarding FNP preceptors clinical requirements.

• Janae Harper said:

I aplied to adult NP program to start in may or June.I want to get some of the courses done early. I was wondering if there is another online school that you know that their credits transfer in from.

• Monica Green said:

Janae, please call me at (866) 225-6764, and I will be happy to answer your questions.

• Darcy Lopez said:

I am a graduate student who will graduate with a Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree from an accredited school. I have heard that there are programs available to those like me who want to become Mental Health NP’s. Can you give me an idea if this is something possible through UC and how it works?

• Hello, Darcy, we do not offer an option for you. You have to be a registered nurse with a BSN degree to be admissible in any of our NP programs. Thanks!

• Kelly Milward said:

Would you accept a BSN degree from Chamberlain College of Nursing? Would there be any additional courses that I would have to take prior to entering your CNS/NE online program?

• Kelly, we accept BSN degrees from regionally and nursing accredited schools. For additional information on admissibility requirements, please call our admissions office at (866) 225-6764 for assistance.

• Bev Seib said:

I have a MSN and am an Adult Nurse Practitioner certified through ANCC. I would like to become a Psych NP. Will my credits transfer?

• Hello Bev, our Psychiatric NP program is currently on hold due to changing certifications with the ANCC. We recommend searching for a Post-Master’s Certificate program. Please click here to view our on-campus options.

• Tania said:

Is there a maximum amount of credits that can be transferred?

• Hi Tania, transfer credits are awarded on a case-by-case basis once a student has been fully admitted into the program. Please click here to view additional information in the Graduate Student Handbook. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor to discuss your unique situation at (866) 225-6764.

• Carol Napier said:

I was scheduled to graduate from an online Adult Nurse Practitioner program but there were a lot of family things that happened during my last rotation. The program wouldn’t let me withdrawal and I was given a F for my last course even though my GPA was a 3.6. I’m not going back there because of that reason. I was wondering, will my credits transfer?

• Karisma said:

Carol, great question. UC will accept 9 to 12 credit hours from any given institution. Keep in mind that classes must be closely related to our course curriculum. Please contact me with any questions at 866-225-6764.

• Michaelle said:

Hi there! I have a quick questions regarding my BSN degree that I am currently obtaining from WGU, are you familiar with this online, regionally accredited school? Anyhow, I would LOVE to be admitted into the FNP program; however, this university is on a pass or fail scale only, meaning I don’t really have a GPA to carry over. According to their guidelines, this scoring method is equal to a 3.0. I just found out this horrible news and I am so discouraged that I cannot pursue my career with the University of Cincinnati. Looking forward to hearing back from you..praying for good news.

• Hi Michaelle, we understand your concern. We are familiar with this type of grading scale. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor so that we can discuss this in detail at 866-225-6764.

• Glory said:

Hello,
        I attended UC in Spring 2011 and took 2 classes in the ANP program. My first choice was the FNP program so I left UC after Spring to attend another school which offered the FNP program. However, I’m currently not happy with the quality of education at this school. My question is, how can I get into UC’s FNP program. Do I have to apply all over again even though i’ve been a student there before?
        Thanks
        Glory

• Hi Glory, great question. An Enrollment Advisor will be in contact with you to discuss your situation. In the meantime, you are welcome to reach out to them at 866-225-6764. We look forward to speaking with you!

• Cynthia Jefferson said:

My GPA from my RN to BSN program is 4.0, however my career GPA is 2.89. Which GPA is considered for admission to the FNP program? I graduated fronm nursing school in 1987 and started the BSN program in 2005. I have just completed my last class to complete the BSN.
    Cindy

• Hi Cindy, thank you for your continued interest in our programs. One of minimum requirements for our program includes having a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Due to the competitiveness of UC’s programs, that prerequisite is strongly recommended. If you would like additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Harvey said:

When do you expect the Psych NP program to be up and running? If one is already a UC MSN graduate, can one just take the other courses in another specialty to earn another UC MSN specialty? Or is there a transfer maximum regardless?

• Hi Harvey, the Psych NP specialty is currently on hold due to changing certifications with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). We do not have a projected enrollment date at this time. We offer Post-Master’s Certificate options on-campus. Please click here for more details. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more information regarding transfer credits at 866-225-6764.

• Matthew Heisey said:

I have a question about the statistics course required. Does an introduction to statistics course cover this requirement. What is the course number for acceptable statistics courses? I am missing a statistics class and want to enroll in one ASAP so I can send in my application for your FNP program.

• Hi Matthew. If the course is at a collegiate level by an accredited school, and if the course title contains the word “statistics”, then this course could satisfy the admissions requirement. For more information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Nikki said:

I am about to start the NP program online with another university because my grades weren’t the best when I obtained my BSN straight out of high school year ago. I plan to transfer to UC and I know that is on a case by case basis. When do you think that the Psychiatric NP program will be back up and running? I’m starting in December with the other university and there aren’t too many online psychiatric programs out there.

• The Psych NP specialty is currently on hold due to changing certifications with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). We do not have a projected enrollment date at this time. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Tameka IRvin said:

I am graduating from the CNS program in December. I would like to pursue a graduate certificate for adult nurse practioner and mental/psychatric NP, would this be possible, if so what class would I need to take and is distance learning an option?

• Hi Tameka, congratulations on your upcoming graduation. Please click here to view the on-campus post-master’s certificate options. You may also contact your Program Manager at 866-225-6764 for more details.

Comments Feed