As a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing will no longer be accepting applications for our distance learning MSN program from students residing in the following states:
- Massachusetts and New York (effective as of June 25, 2012)
- Louisiana (Nurse-Midwifery Distance Learning program only, effective as of October 17, 2012; all other Master of Science in Nursing Distance Learning programs effective as of February 26, 2014)
- Oregon (effective as of December 18, 2012)
- Tennessee and District of Columbia (effective as of May 9, 2013)
Additional State Information:
- Ohio/Kentucky County Restrictions for Adult-Gerontological Primary Care and FNP MSN Distance Learning Programs
The University of Cincinnati College of Nursing will be restricting admission applications for local students in two of our MSN Distance Learning specialty programs, Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPC-DL) and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-DL). Effective March 1, 2015, we will no longer accept distance learning admission applications for the 2015 Summer term and beyond in FNP and AGPC from the following counties: Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont in Ohio and Boone, Kenton, and Campbell in Kentucky. The decision to restrict admissions was in response to increased local competition for preceptors and viable regional clinical sites in primary care. Students who reside in the above counties are encouraged to apply to our onsite programs. Please refer to our website for additional information related to residential program opportunities and respective application deadlines at http://nursing.uc.edu/academic_programs.html.
- Washington – The University of Cincinnati is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in the state of Washington for Adult Gerontology Primary Care, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate, Nurse Midwifery, Psychiatric Mental Health NP post-Master’s certificate and Women’s Health NP programs. http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/NursingCommission/NursingPrograms
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.