Excellence in education is our first and foremost goal. As one of the first Baccalaureate programs in nursing, UC’s College of Nursing has a proud tradition of providing quality education from its inception in 1889. The College of Nursing was the recipient of the first endowment ever given to a nursing program.
The University of Cincinnati and the College of Nursing are recognized for their commitment to education and research:
- Top 200 National Universities (U.S. News & World Report 2013 rankings)
- Ranked among Best Grad Schools in Nursing (U.S. News & World Report 2012 rankings)
- Ranking in the top 10% of all US nursing programs (US News & World Report)
- Top 100 “elite values” in higher education (Money Magazine)
- Top 50 research libraries (Association of Research Libraries)
- 11th largest endowment of 569 institutions surveyed (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Top 15 underrated gems (College Match)
- Featured in The Best 201 Colleges for the Real World: Get In. Get Out. Get a Job.
- Top 20 public research universities nationally (Lombardi Program on Measuring University Performance Annual Report)
- Classified as a Doctoral/Research – Extensive University, by the Carnegie Commission; one of only 151 in the nation of nearly 4,000 institutions of higher education
- No. 5 in women’s athletic opportunities (U.S. News & World Report first annual college sports rankings)
- First in Ohio for earnings from patents developed on campus (more than $5 million in 2001)
- Ranked among Best Online Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) Programs (CollegeChoice.net)
For a full list of school rankings, please click here.