Learn More

Please fill out the form to download our Free Brochure.

We value your privacy.
Restricted States: please click here to view states currently on hold for admissions.

Post A Question or Comment

× two = 4

Learn More

Comments

• Christina Garrett said:

I am considering your online FNP program and another one in my home state SC. Your program is $10,000 more than the other I am considering. One of the factors that will help me decide my choice is if I will have to arrange on my own, clinical instructors or if your school/program arranges that for me. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

• Pamela Bush said:

Christina, we appreciate your interest in our FNP program. The FNP specialty at UC is a distance learning program, with that said we have students from all over the country in our program. To make things easier for the students and the faculty, we allow our students to secure their own preceptor as well as the clinical site. Providing the students with this opportunity allows them to network in their communities and choose a preceptor that would best suit their needs. We do offer resources and guidance through a clinical site coordinator, however, securing the actual preceptor is up to each student. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this important decision. Please contact me at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Pamela

• Jeannine Loucks said:

I have an MSN degree and I am interested in an online Psychiatric NP program. I have been a board certified PMHN since 1984. I have a BS not a BSN but I do have an MSN. Would I be eligible for your program?

• Pamela Bush said:

Jeannine, thank you for your interest. Yes you would be admissible to our program provided you have an active US nursing license and your MSN degree is obtained from a regionally and nursing accredited institution. Please click here to view additional admissions requirements. Please contact me at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu with further questions.
      Pamela

• Is there an on campus visit/attendance component to your Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program or is everything done online and in your own community? thanks

• Monica Green said:

Hi Kathy,
      Thanks for your question. Our program is 100% online, however you will have an opportunity to interact with your peers and professors through our Blackboard system. This allows you to complete coursework at a time convenient for you within the syllabus. You will also have the unique ability to complete the clinical requirements in your community with a preceptor of your choosing. If you would like additional information about the Psychiatric NP specialty, please contact me at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Monica

• Raul Reyes said:

Is this program available online? What is the licensure for the MSN in Nurse-Midwifery program? Is this license valid in the state of Florida? Do you accept credits already taken as part of a master’s program in Pharmacology Assessment, Pathophysiology, etc?

• LaKeshia Hamilton said:

Hello Raul. Yes this program is 100% online. All course work is completed online through an online portal called Blackboard and clinicals are completed in your area through an approved preceptor that applicants are responsible for locating. Our program is accredited through the CCNE. Graduates of the MSN program’s Midwifery specialty are eligible to sit for the American Midwifery Certification Board, Inc. (AMCB, Inc.) certification exam. Regarding transfer credits, once you are a student in the program you may then submit MSN level courses to faculty for review. Please click here to view the transfer credit policy. If you have additional question, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Nathan Dixon said:

What is the admission deadline for spring 2012?

• Administrator said:

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your inquiry. The application deadline for the Spring 2012 Quarter is December 1, 2011 for the Family Nurse Practitioner specialty and January 13, 2012 for the Administration, Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Educator, Nurse-Midwifery, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner specialties. The spring deadline has already passed for the Adult Nurse Practitioner specialty but we are currently accepting applications until December 1, 2011 for the Summer 2012 term. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

Administrator

• Deborah Beemerd said:

Are there any admissions tests required for the Master of Science in Nursing, Psych NP online program?

• Monica Green said:

Hi Deborah,
      Thank you for your inquiry. We do not require admissions tests for any of our MSN program specialties. If you would like further information about the Psych NP specialty, please feel free to contact me at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Monica

• Natasha said:

Does the MSN Nurse Education program require a residency? How many practicum hours are required?

• Pamela Bush said:

Natasha, thank you for your interest. We offer a Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Educator distance learning program. Coursework is completed 100% online and clinicals are conducted in your community with a preceptor. There are no campus visit required. This specialty requires 532 clinical hours that typically take place during the second year of the program. Please click here to view additional information regarding the CNS/NE program. You may also contact us at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Pamela

• Jessica said:

Is it possible to do a CNM and tack on a dual certification as a WHNP? How long would that program of study take?

• LaKeshia Hamilton said:

Hello Jessica and thank you for your interest in our specialty programs. The UC online MSN program not offer a dual degree option for WHNP and Nurse-Midwifery, however upon completion of either degree plan, you may want to consider a Post-Master’s Certificate program. This will allow you to gain the additional knowledge and courses needed to sit the certification exam in regards to that specialty. For additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Jennifer Adams said:

I would like to apply for the Summer 2012 FNP program, but was wondering how the transition to semesters would affect the schedule. I was also wondering when the decision for acceptance would be made. Thank you for your time.

• Administrator said:

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your interest. Our next enrollment term for the FNP program is the Fall 2012 Semester. We will be accepting applications until 6/1/12. If you would like additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Katherine McLaughlan said:

I am currently in my second year of part-time study as a Pediatric NP student. What is the maximum amount of credit hours that can transfer to UC? Thanks

• Veronica Olivo said:

Hi Katherine,
      Thank you for your question. Please click here to view our transfer credit policy. If you would like further information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Veronica

• Gabriel Norton said:

Will UC be phasing out the masters FNP and begin offering DNP?

• Administrator said:

Gabriel, UC has chosen to maintain the MSN in the curriculum and develop a DNP program. We do not have plans to not have the step-out option of the MSN at this time for any of our specialties. Our DNP is an onsite program at this point. We are looking after accreditation is received to apply for it to become a hybrid, but not online program. Please click here if you would like additional information regarding the DNP. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Tracey Zara said:

Are the Family and Adult NP classes all online?

• Pamela Bush said:

Tracey thank you for your interest. The Master of Science in Nursing program at the University of Cincinnati is a distance learning program. The coursework is completed 100% online and clincials are conducted in your community with a preceptor. We do not require any campus visits. If you would like additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Shelia Jeter said:

I am a registered nurse with an MSN. How long will it take me to complete the nurse practitioner program if I decide to attend full time?

• Pamela Bush said:

Shelia, thank you for your interest. Our MSN program is a two year program and is designed to be full time. If you already have an MSN degree you may want to consider pursuing a Post-Master’s Certificate. UC offers this option on-campus. Please click here to learn more.

• Sheree Savage-Artis said:

What is the Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner program deadline? What are the program requirements?

• Administrator said:

Hi Sheree! Thank you for your interest in the WHNP program. We are currently enrolling for the Fall 2012 Term with an application deadline of June 6, 2012. Please click here to view the admissions requirements. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866.225.6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Lauren said:

I have a dual bachelors degree in behavioral science with a specialization in gerontology. Am I eligible for the Psych NP program? I am a Psychiatric RN and currently the Coordinator of Health Services for three schools.

• Pamela Bush said:

Lauren, thank you for your interest. To meet the admissibility requirements for the Psych NP program, you have to have an active US nursing license along with a Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) degree from a regionally and nursing accredited institution. Please click here to view additional admissions requirements. If you would like discuss these requirements further, please contact us 866-225-6764.
      Pamela

• Maggie Holley said:

Where can I find the online application?

• Ryan Borrowman said:

I am currently 1 1/2 semesters away from graduating with my bachelors degree in nursing. I would like to apply as soon as possible. When is the soonest I could apply for the FNP program? How to I get in touch with a recruiter?

• Pamela Bush said:

Ryan, thank you for your interest. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2012 Semester. Please click here to view the admissions requirements. For additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866.225.6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Jennifer Lafrance said:

I am currently enrolled in an online RN-BSN program. I expect to graduate in May 2012. When would I be eligible to apply, and can I request information without having finished by BSN yet. Thank you.

• Pamela Bush said:

Jennifer, thank you for your interest. Yes, you are able to apply but you must have a conferred BSN degree before starting the program. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2012 term until 6/1/12. For further information about our program and what is needed to apply, please contact us a 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu and one of our Enrollment Advisors will assist you.

• Jessica Smith said:

Is the FNP program offered part-time?

• Administrator said:

Hi Jessica, thank you for your inquiry. This program requires a full-time coursework commitment by taking courses according to the prescribed course of study. Depending on the specialty, you will be taking 2-4 courses per term. We do want to clarify that the program can be considered part-time in financial aid terms due to the number of credit hours taken per term. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Valerie Quinn said:

I have completed over a year of the Masters program at another university. I decided to take a break to regroup and decide if I had chosen the right track to follow. I am ready to resume and am wondering if the courses I have already taken will transfer to UC’s MSN program? Thank you

• Pamela Bush said:

Valerie, thank you for your interest. We do accept transfer credits on a case-by-case basis. Please click here to view the transfer credit policy. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu for more information.

• Kelly McDermott said:

I will not finish the advanced physical assessment course until 12-14-11, when is the next time I could be considered for your program?

• Pamela Bush said:

Hello Kelly, we are currently accepting application for our Fall 2012 term. The start date is 8/27/12 and the application deadline is 6/1/12. If you would like additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Kimberly Fernandez said:

I have a BSN and an MS in education. I have been an RN for some time and worked with the University of Cinncinati, Department of Neurosurgery performing clinical trials in TBI and I look forward to representing UC as a FNP. I have only applied to one other school (Barry) and was accepted as an alumni. My MS is from there. How do I get started?

• Kimberly, we are glad to hear that you are interested in our FNP program. Please call our office at (866) 225-6764 and Lisa, your Enrollment Advisor, will assist you.

• Jennifer Wiesmueller said:

I am looking into the CNS program that you offer. Is your program requirements accepted in the state of WI?

• Pamela Bush said:

Thank you for your interest. Our school is regionally accredited and our nursing program is accredited by CCNE. To determine if we are recognized by the state of Wisconsin, we recommend that you reach out to the Wisconsin state nursing board directly.

• Jennifer Ham said:

I just graduated in spring 2011 with my MSN in Nurse Midwifery from UC. What would be the length of time required to obtain credits to receive a FNP? What classes would I need to complete?

Thanks,

Jennifer Ham, CNM MSN

• Pamela Bush said:

Jennifer, congratulations on completing your MSN in Nurse Midwifery. Based on your question it appears you are looking for a post graduate certificate program. We do not offer post graduate programs online. Feel free to reach out to the Graduate office to see if there is an option for you at the campus. The number is (513) 556-4335.

• Lauren said:

How many total credits hours is your adult nurse practitioner program? Also, I am in a unique situation in which I attended medical school for one and a half years (2007-2008) and then left for family reasons. I am just finishing my accelerated BSN in about one month. I am interested in the adult NP program. Will any of my medical school classes for biostats and evidence based medicine, pathology and physiology transfer or could I test out of them? My medical school was on a fail/pass/high pass/honors grading system, so my transcripts only show my high pass and honors grades versus an actual letter grade. Sorry for so many questions. I am interested in applying and starting this program as soon as I can. :) Thank you!

• Monica Green said:

Lauren, thank you for your interest and your great questions. In order to answer your specific questions, please call our office and one of our Enrollment Advisors will be glad to assist you. We can be reached at (866) 225-6764.

• Jodi Russo said:

I am interested in the Womans Health NP program but currently only have my RN. I am looking to get my BSN on-line as well as continuing to get my MSN in WHNP. Do you offer an online BSN program????

• Thank you for your interest Jodi. Our programs require that you have an RN as well as a BSN degree. We do not offer a BSN degree program online.

• Deborah Voet said:

I am currently accepted for the Fall 2012 MSN Administration program. Is it possible to take courses prior to Fall 2012 on Campus or online?

• Hello Deborah, it is good to hear you are looking forward to starting sooner; however, the first available term is FALL 2012.

• Bernadette said:

I am most interested in the P/MHNP program but noticed the program is not an option to apply to presently. Any insights?

• Thank you for your interest. The Psych Program is currently on hold pending the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s changes to the Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing certification. We do not currently have a time frame as to when it will start again.

• Olusola Joseph said:

I’m planning to enrol into your MSN program (Adult Nurse Practitioner) for fall semester. I need to find out whether your school requires MAT or GMAT scores. Please let me know this as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Sola

• Hello Olusola, we do not require a graduate exam for admission. For further information on what is needed to complete an admission file, please call your Enrollment Advisor, Pam, at (866) 225-6764 extension 424.

• joanna ames said:

I graduate in December with my BSN and would like to roll right in an FNP program, when should I apply to start in the Spring 2013 semester?

• Joanna, you can start the process now. Call our office and talk to Lisa, your Enrollment Advisor, for additional information. She can be reached at (866) 225-6764 x650.

• Lidia said:

Do you look at cumulative GPA from all coursework, last 60 credit hours, or BSN transcript? The reason I am asking is my BSN level GPA is different from combined coursework GPA. Also, do you have a rolling admission? Does the FNP program only start in Fall?
    Thank you.

• Hi Lidia, we look at the cumulative GPA from all of your coursework. We require a GPA of 3.0 or higher for admission into the program. We have 3 starts per year, with spring 2013 being the next FNP start date in January. Please click here to view additional admissions requirements.

• Dorcas Amunga said:

I am a currently a graduate student but considering to change to an online NP program. I have taken already taken the basic courses epidemiology, informatics, policy, ethics, research. I need to transfer. How many credits can I transfer?

• Hi Dorcus, please click here to view our transfer credit policy. They are determined on a case-by-case basis once a student is fully admitted into the program. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at (866) 225-6764.

• Delsey said:

Do you offer a post master certificate in ANP program?

• Hi Delsey! We currently do not offer post-master’s certificates online at this time. We do, however, offer several options on campus. Please click here to view these offerings.

• Connie Reyes said:

I am interested in your FNP program. What are your requirements for graduates of foreign nursing schools? I have a BSN which has been evaluated by a US credentialing service and I have a compact state RN license. I’ve also recently taken Healthcare Statistics course.

• Connie, thank you for your inquiry. In order to be considered for admission, your transcripts must be verified by the World Education Services (WES). Please click here to view additional admissions requirements. An advisor is available to help you with the admissions process at 866-225-6764.

• Juliana Nwachukwu said:

I’m an RN with a U.S. state license and a BS in Economics from Nigeria. My transcripts have been evaluated by WES. I’m currently in an RN-BSN degree program. My questions are: I will be graduating at the end of the summer semester and I want to apply for spring 2013. May I send in my application now? I currently live in Canada and can come to the U.S. anytime for my clinicals, will that be a problem?

• Hi Juliana! You are able to apply now, but your BSN must be conferred before the spring 2013 start date (January 7th). All clinical hours must be completed in the U.S. Please contact the Board of Nursing to ask about restrictions before applying to any distance learning program. Please click here to find a specific Board of Nursing. An advisor is available to help you through the admissions process at 866-225-6764.

• Holly said:

Do you have any Graduate Assistant programs available for students in the ANP or FNP program? Thank you.

• Hi Holly, unfortunately we do not have Graduate Assistant programs available for distance learning students. If you would like to find out more information about financing your education, please click here. You may also contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Heather Hallmark said:

When is the application deadline for the FNP program that starts January 2013? Also can clinicals be done at an organization that someone currently works at?

• Hi Heather, the application deadline is October 1, 2012 for the Spring 2013 term beginning January 7th. You can complete your clinicals where you are employed as long as it is not in the unit you currently work in. Please contact your Enrollment Advisor, Karisma Vicioso, at (866) 225-6764 ext. 5105 for further information.

• Anna said:

I noticed your Psychiatric NP program is on hold. What does that mean?

• Hi Anna, our Psychiatric NP program is on hold due to certification changes by the ANCC. We do not have an estimated term as to when the Psychiatric program will be offered again. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at (866) 225-6764.

• Stephen said:

My GPA is 2.85. Do I have a realistic chance of being accepted into the FNP Program? Thanks!

• Hi Stephen, thank you for your inquiry. Due to the competitiveness of the online MSN program, all applicants are encouraged to have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Laura Sparling said:

For the personal goal statement, are there any length requirements?

• Laura, while personal goal statements are not evaluated based on length, each statement should reflect an applicant’s educational background, professional and educational achievements, individual study plans, long term goals, and details as to how prospects plan to find preceptors and clinical sites. For more information, please feel free to contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Dorothy Luongo said:

Hello. I’m currently finishing a RN-MSN program and will have an MSN in nursing education shortly, but I will not have a BSN. I’m not sure if I want to do FNP, midwifery or WHNP. First, would I still be eligible without a BSN? Secondly, I know you do your classes on blackboard, but is there also a time requirement? For example, one program requires a weekly timed discussion for each class, so even though it is distance learning, everyone has to log in at a specific time each week and video conference in during that time period. Is this something you also do or is it structured strictly online, self schedule, I can log in at 2am and post a discussion if that’s what I wanted. Thank you!

• Hi Dorothy, prospects with an MSN degree from a regionally and nursing (NLNAC or CCNE) accredited institution are eligible to apply for the program. Currently, UC does not require students to be online at a specific time on a weekly basis. Please feel free to reach out to an Enrollment Advsior for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Labake Ogunnupe said:

How many graduate credits can be transfer into the FNP program

• Hi Labake. Once enrolled in the program, students can submit for Advanced Standing credit. In order to be eligible to graduate from UC, students must take at least half of the program at the university. Please click here to view the transfer credit policy. If you have any additional questions, an Enrollment Advisor is available at 866-225-6764. Thanks!

• Karen Wilson said:

I am considering the FNP program. When is the soonest start date for this program? Thanks, Karen

• Karen, we are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2013 Semester. Please click here to view upcoming dates and deadlines. For further information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Sunny said:

I live in Texas, wonder how I will be able to do the Lab hrs?

• Hi Sunny, your lab hours as well as your clinical hours can be completed in your community. Your lab hours will take place during the Advanced Health Assessment course. Please contact an advisor for additional details at 866-225-6764.

• Judy Levy said:

Is there a clinical component to the Administration track?

• Hi Judy! The clinical component for this specialty is fulfilled as a personalized practicum based on your career goals. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor to discuss this in more detail at 866-225-6764.

• Julie Joseph said:

What is the application deadline for fall 2013?

• Hi Julie, at this time the the application deadline date for the Fall 2013 Semester have not been released. Once available, it will be posted here. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for additional details at 866-225-6764.

• Jagruti said:

I live in Michigan. I am looking for an online Adult Nurse Practitioner program. Is your program accredited & by whom? How would I take my clinicals & where? Goal statement, how many words?

• Hi Jagruti, thank you for your interest in our program. Our program is accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing of Education (CCNE). Clinical hours are completed in your community with a preceptor. For more information on application materials, please contact (866) 225-6764 and an Enrollment Advisor will be happy to go through the entire application process

• Cassie Alcock said:

I did not see anything on the website saying the GRE is required. Is it?

• Hi Cassie, we do not require the GRE. If you have any further questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866.225.6764.

• Leah Barefoot said:

When is the deadline for your spring 2013 application for your FNP program? Thank you for your time!

• Hi Leah, thank you for your inquiry. At this time the spring 2013 application deadline has passed for FNP. We are currently accepting applications for the Summer 2013 Semester. The deadline is 2/11/13 and classes begin 5/6/13. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

• Angela Difranco said:

I am considering your online FNP program and have recently graduated with a BSN and I am waiting for the Ohio Board of Nursing to schedule my NCLEX exam. Can I still apply for the program if the requirements are fullfilled before starting the classes? Thankyou!

• Hi Angela, congratulations on your graduation! We do require an RN license and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree conferred from a regionally and nursing (NLNAC or CCNE) accredited institution for admission. Please click here for more details regarding the admission requirements.

Comments Feed