The good news is that almost every student is eligible for some form of financial aid regardless of income or circumstances, provided that you:
- Are a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or an eligible non-citizen;
- Have a valid Social Security Number;
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Are registered with the U.S. Selective Service (if you are a male aged 18-25);
- Complete a FAFSA promising to use any federal aid for educational purposes;
- Do not owe refunds on any federal student grants;
- Are not in default on any student loans;
- And have not been found guilty of the sale or possession of illegal drugs during a period in which federal aid was being received.
For more information on eligibility requirements click here.