Application Instructions

Each step of the process is outlined below. This information has been arranged to serve as a checklist to ensure that you have supplied all of the required information. Please note: your Enrollment Advisor can be contacted at any time to guide you through this process and to answer any questions. They can be reached directly at 1-866-225-6764 or you can have them call you by clicking on “Learn More” button below.

As you begin your application process, please begin gathering the following documentation:

• Letter of Intent (also know as Personal Goal Statement)
  • Curriculum Vitae or Resume
  • Three (3) contacts for letters of recommendation
  • Copy of your RN License
  • Official transcripts from all universities attended
  • College of Nursing Pre-Registration Packet (obtained through an Enrollment Advisor)

Step 1: Complete the University of Cincinnati/College of Nursing Online Graduate Application.

• Complete the graduate application online only at the University of Cincinnati website. Go to https://apply.uc.edu/OnlineApply/LogIn.iface?applicant=Grad.
  • You must create an account before applying to the University of Cincinnati. Click on “Create New Account” on the left hand side. Complete all required fields, and then click on “Submit”.
  • Click on “Start Application”. If you are unable to complete the application in your first sitting, you may save your work and finish completing the application at a later date.
  • You will need to fill out the following fields completely before your application can be submitted.
    • Account Information
    • Demographic Information
    • Permanent Address
    • Current Address
    • Domestic and International Information
    • Education Plans (Note: Please choose “Distance Learning” as your campus and “MSN” as your program.)
    • Financial Support
    • College Information
    • Test Scores
    • Additional Information (Letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, Other)
    • Contact Information for Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
    • Supplemental Information
    • Summary Information
  • Once all of the information listed above is completely filled out, you will be asked to submit an application fee. The $65 application fee can be paid online by using a credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or by sending a check or money order with the confirmation page you print out after completing your application. (Complete instructions are available on the Admissions website listed above.) If you choose to pay by check or money order, please contact an Enrollment Advisor about where to send your payment along with the “Graduate Admissions Application Confirmation.”

Step 2: Submit All Official Transcripts and College of Nursing Pre-Registration Packet.

• Transcripts must bear the original signature of the authorized official with the seal of each institution. University of Cincinnati graduates may obtain “campus copy” transcripts at no charge from the University Registrar at 1-513-556-9912.
  • You may request the transcripts to be sent directly to the Off-Site Admissions Center, or you may have the transcripts sent to you and you may include them sealed and unopened with your application package.
  • International transcripts should be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). UC does not require an official transcript from the home school. More information about WES can be found online at http://www.wes.org/.
  • Complete the College of Nursing Pre-Registration Packet obtained from an Enrollment Advisor. They can be reached at 1-866-225-6764 or you can have them call you by clicking the “Learn More” button below.
  • Please send this material to the University of Cincinnati Off-Site Admissions Center: 2145 MetroCenter Blvd., Suite 400, Orlando, FL 32835.

Please review all points listed above and ensure that you have checked off each of the steps for the complete application process. Our Enrollment Advisors are available to assist you throughout the process. Please call toll free 1-866-225-6764. While we will attempt to consider your application as quickly as possible, we cannot review your application until all required materials have been submitted.

Tags: ,

Post A Question or Comment

× six = 18

Learn More

Comments

• What is the required GPA?

• Laurie said:

Are there any options at your university for those who have a B.A. in nursing?

• Administrator said:

Hi Theresa,
      Thank you for your inquiry. We require a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale). Please click here to view a list of admissions requirements. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Administrator

• Pamela Bush said:

Laurie, thank you for your interest. In order to answer your questions accurately we will need to know the school in which you obtained your BA in Nursing. I will have your Enrollment Advisor reach out to you. If you would like to contact us directly, we can be reached at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Pamela

• Lauren Atkins said:

I have a BA and a RN from a diploma program. Am I eligible to apply for masters programs with you?

• Pamela Bush said:

Lauren, thank you for your interest. In order to answer your question accurately we will need to know what type of BA degree you have. Feel free to call our Admissions office at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu for answers to your specific questions.
      Pamela

• Samantha Mitchell said:

I am currently enrolled in a university in Maine. I will be graduating in May 2012, but I need Health Policy as I missed that semester when it was offered. Is it possible to enroll just to take Health Policy?

• Veronica Olivo said:

Hi Samantha,
      Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not offer classes for non-degree seeking students. You must be fully enrolled in a distance learning program in order to register for classes. An Enrollment Advisor will be happy to help you with additional questions at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Veronica

• Danielle Laroche said:

Hello:
    I am currently a BSN student with an interest in going on to complete my CNM and perhaps my WHNP with a later goal of a DNP. I have a few questions:

If state scope of practice allows NPs to prescribe (it does in my home state), are CNMs also able to prescribe? I’m trying to ascertain whether I should focus my time and effort on the CNM or the WHNP. My end goal is to focus on natural and holistic health care for women throughout their life span, but especially around childbirth. I am interested in educating women about natural child birth options and helping guide them in their child birth journey so that they can realize their internal wisdom and harness their own natural power in this process. I want to catch babies, provide pre and post partum care, lactation education, and work in a birthing center or progressive hospital setting.

I would like to complete my statistics prerequisite now while I am an undergrad. I took Intro to Statistics in 1999 with a C+ (I have a prior degree in English literature). The other classes that my college offers in statistics are Statistics in Biological Sciences (which would require me to take Calculus first) or Business Statistics. What are you looking for in admission to your CNM and WHNP programs?

• LaKeshia Hamilton said:

Hello Danielle! Graduates of the MSN Nurse-Midwifery specialty are eligible to sit for the American Midwifery Certification Board, Inc. (AMCB, Inc.) certification exam. Upon passing this exam, most CNM’s will have prescriptive authority, however you will need to check with your Nursing State Board for confirmation as state to state requirements may differ. In regards to the Biostatistics course that students are required to take in our program, it is best to speak with the Enrollment Advisor due to the Advanced Standing Policy the university has put in place. Please note, the admissions requirements for the CNM and WHNP program are as follows:

• For Nurse-Midwifery: One year experience in maternal/child nursing (preferably in labor and delivery) including gynecology, pediatrics, NICU, newborn nursery and postpartum.
      • For WHNP Nurse Practitioner: one year or more of work experience in a women’s health nursing unit is preferred, but not required.

Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for further details at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu. We look forward to speaking to you!

• Shawna Doran said:

I have an MSN and am a practicing FNP since 1993 with my own clinic. I did not take the ANCC certification exam back then and I would like to sit for exam now. I need Advanced Patho and Advanced Pharm. Can I take these through your program, ASAP?

• Veronica Olivo said:

Hi Shawna,
      Veronica

• Heather said:

In the online application I cannot select distance learning as a campus and it defaults to the main campus.

• Pamela Bush said:

Heather, this has happened to other applicants as well. Please try using a different internet browser to open the link. For example, if you are currently using Internet Explorer, try using Firefox. If that does not, please contact tech support at 513-556-4357.

• Janet said:

I had my international transcrits evaluated by CGFNS (Commision of Foreign Graduate Nurses). Will the school accept their CES (Credentials evaluation Service) report instead of WES?

• Hello Janet, the department requires evaluations made by WES. They do not accept CGFNS.

• Mukisha Livingston said:

Do I have to have my GRE’s in order to apply?

• Mukisha, we do not require a grad exam for admission into our MSN programs.

• linda said:

I will receive my BSN in nursing April 5, 2012 through Phoenix University. I would like to pursue an ANP or FNP program am I able to do this through your program?

• Hello Linda, we offer FNP and ANP programs. Feel free to call our office for further assistance at (866) 225-6764.

• Melinda D. said:

Hello, If I have taken my statistics course in 2005, is it still valid or will I have to retake the course prior to enrollement in the WHNP program? Also are the classes set per sememster, or will I have to enroll myself every semester for the courses? Thank you.

• Hello Melinda, you can use the statistics class you have taken to be considered for admission. However, the department reserves the right to ask you to complete another statistics course if they deem it necessary.

• barrett morrison said:

Is the GRE required for admission to the FNP distance learning program?

• Monica Green said:

Hello Barrett, thank you for your interest. There is no graduate exam required for admission into our FNP program. Please feel free to contact us at (866) 225-6764 with any additional questions.

• Angela said:

When will the committee make their decisions on spring term applications for NP programs?

• Pamela Bush said:

Hi Angela, thank you for your inquiry. Admissions decisions are typically rendered 8-12 weeks after your application is complete. You will be notified via email or regular mail. Please contact us with any further questions at (866) 225-6764.

• Callie Crouch said:

I’m looking for either a family nurse practitioner or women’s health nurse practitioner program that is completely online and will allow me to complete my clinicals in Malawi, Africa with a MD who is currently working in the U.S. He is opening a primary care clinic this fall in Malawi, and I have agreed to go. Thanks.

• Hi Callie, thank you for your inquiry. Due to clinical regulations, only applicants with access to facilities in the 50 United States or U.S. military bases will be considered for admission. Feel free to contact an Enrollment Advisor at (866) 225-6764 for additional program information.

• Tonya Reid said:

When is the cut off to apply in the fall?

• Pamela Bush said:

Tonya, thank you for your interest. Please click here to view application deadlines and other important dates. Please feel free to contact our office with any additional questions.

• vera said:

I have a foreign BSN degree. I evaluated my transcript at Educational Records Evaluation Service (ERES), the evaluation was specific for Nursing License Application, meaning that in the Evaluation report they only show the nursing classes, prereq classes, and other nursing related sciences, it also shows the total units of all the nursing/related classes, but the evaluation doesn’t show my other degrees, minor classes, total units from all degrees, GPA, etc. Can I use this evaluation for the MSN application? thank you.

• Vera, all BSN degrees obtained outside of the United States must be evaluated through World Education Services (WES). Please contact an advisor for further details at 866-225-6764.

• Emmanuel said:

I’m interested in the online adult nurse practitioner program, do you offer financial aid for online degrees? When is the deadline to submit an application in 2012? thanks

• Hi Emmanuel, thank you for your inquiry. Yes, financial aid is available for distance learning programs. We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2013 Semester. The deadline is 10/1/12 and classes begin 1/7/13. Please contact an advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Angela said:

Hello-
    Do you anticipate your program becoming a DNP program? If so, when? Also, do you require experience as an RN before entering the FNP or adult program? Are you able to apply for the program before finishing nursing school with the expectation that boards will be passed before you begin the program?
    Than you very much for your time.

• Hi Angela, thank you for your inquiry. At this time, we do not have plans to transition our MSN program to a DNP program. We do, however, offer the DNP program on-campus. Regarding our admissions requirements for the FNP and ANP specialties, one year or more of work experience in nursing is preferred, but not required. An RN license is required to apply for the program. Please click here to view additional admissions requirements. You may also contact an Enrollment Advisor for additional information at 866-225-6764.

• Kacey Bolton said:

Are you still accepting applications to your FNP program? I am very interested in applying.

• Hi Kacey, thank you for your inquiry. Yes, we are still accepting applications for the FNP program. Please click here to view the academic calendar. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor with questions at 866-225-6764.

• charlee said:

Do you need to take the GRE or GMAT for the NP program?

• Hi Charlee, we do not require the GRE or GMAT for admissions. Please click here to view admissions requirements. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

• kimkoby1 said:

I would like to apply for the FNP program but I only have nursing experience in labor and delivery/postpartum/antepartum. Will this exclude me from that program? Should I just apply for WHNP? I wanted to be more well-rounded and marketable. Thank you

• Which program you apply to ultimately depends on your career goals. Experience is not required but preferred. If you would like to be pre-qualified for each program, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Stephanie said:

My undergrad BSN GPA is less than stellar at 2.8. I was recently enrolled in a graduate FNP program where I took at grad level class and earned an A in undergrad patho class. Would these circumstances make me eligible for possible admission?

• Hi Stephanie! Our FNP program is extremely competitive and the committee is always seeking a GPA of a 3.0 or better. You can definitely submit your application and have it reviewed based upon your current GPA and graduate level coursework, however there is no guarantee that you will be accepted into the program. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 for additional details.

• Amanda said:

Can you apply while finishing your BSN as long as you complete it prior to start date of this program? I will finish my RN-BSN this Fall.

• Hi Amanda. You can apply before graduation, but your BSN would need to complete before classes begin. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor with any additional questions at 866-225-6764.

• Staci said:

I am concerned about applying to a masters FNP program with the push for NP’s to get DNP. Will I be grandfathered in if I get into the summer 2013 program?

• Hi Staci. For more information about the new recommendations regarding the DNP, please contact your state board of nursing. If you would like details regarding our MSN program, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Whitney said:

I completed my MSN- FNP degree last December at UC, I am interested in applying for the WHNP program, but I don’t see information on post master’s programs. Can you point me in the correct direction? Thank You

• Hi Whitney, congratulations on completing your degree! Please click here to view the on-campus Post-Master’s Certificate options. If you have any questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866.225.6764. We would love to hear how you’re doing!

• Tammy said:

Can someone please contact me regarding your program?

• Hi Tammy, an Enrollment Advisor can be reached at 866-225-6764. They are available to discuss program details, the admission process, and answer any other questions you may have.

• Anna said:

For the application process, do you simply submit contact names for recommendations or do the recommendations get attached? I am wondering about the online recommendation submission the website speaks about, but I am unable to find anything like it? Is there a template that our references should follow?

• Hi Anna, your letters of recommendation are completed electronically. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 855-225-6774 for more information.

Comments Feed