The University of Cincinnati College of Nursing uses the NursingCAS (Nursing Centralized Application Service), for all applications. The Nursing Centralized Application Service offers a prospective applicant a convenient way to apply to multiple nursing programs offered at universities nationwide.
Step 1: Access NursingCAS
- Please access NursingCAS to start the online application via the following link: https://portal.nursingcas.org
Step 2: Complete the Online NursingCAS Application
Tips for successful completion of the NursingCAS application
- Make sure to apply for the correct term, program and college. (Be sure to select University of Cincinnati in the ‘Designation’ section of the application.)
- Please have the following documents ready to upload:
- Electronic references (Be sure to have the correct email address of the person you are requesting a reference from.)
- Goal statement
- Nursing license
- Pay the NursingCAS Application Fee – All applicants applying through NursingCAS will pay NursingCAS directly. $65 for the First Designation + $35 each additional designation
- Click here to view or the NursingCAS application checklist.
Helpful Tips for Successfully Completing the NursingCAS Application
- When completing the NursingCAS application, we do require applicants to enter all prior coursework into the NursingCAS application. It is suggested to have a copy of unofficial transcript(s) accessible when completing this section so applicants can refer to them as they enter coursework in the NursingCAS application. This can make the process quicker and easier.
- Please note, if you have completed your application, please do not wait for your transcripts or references to be received to submit your NursingCAS application. Applicants do not have to wait until the transcripts or references are received to submit their application.
Step 3: Submit Transcripts to NursingCAS
Mail all official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (nursing related or not) to NursingCAS at:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Step 4: Monitor Your NursingCAS Application Status
- Continuously Check the Status: We recommend that you continuously check the status by logging in to your NursingCAS application by going to ‘Check Status’ tab.
- How do I know if all transcripts have been retrieved? NursingCAS will notify you via email when all transcripts have been processed and verified successfully. The application status will now show as ‘verified.’
- When will my application status show ‘complete’? Once all transcripts are received by NursingCAS, the application status will now show as ‘complete.’ (Please note: the NursingCAS verification process of all application materials and transcripts takes up to 2 to 4 weeks in total.)
Step 5: Next Application Steps for School/Program Admission
- Please e-mail your enrollment advisor when your online application has been successfully verified by NursingCAS. Now, you can move on to UC’s $65 separate graduate application with your enrollment advisor.
- The University of Cincinnati graduate application and fee will also be required for application. You will receive an email instructing you to submit the University of Cincinnati Graduate School application; applicants must use the same NursingCAS email when creating the Graduate School Self-Service Account. For additional information regarding this separate application, please reach out to your enrollment advisor.
Please Note: Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your application materials, including transcripts, please reach out to NursingCAS customer service.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Thursday (9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST); Friday (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST)