Applications for the Master of Science in Nursing program are accepted year-round. Applicants will be reviewed for admission on the strength of their ability to successfully complete graduate studies, and based upon the criteria listed below.
To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- University of Cincinnati graduate school online application.
- College of Nursing Pre-Registration Packet.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last degree earned. (A comparable level of achievement is expected for other grading systems.)
- Current RN license.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree conferred from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution.
- Three letters of reference.
- Personal goal statement.
- Professional resume.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better.
- For Nurse-Midwifery: One year experience in maternal/child nursing (preferably in labor and delivery) including gynecology, pediatrics, NICU, newborn nursery and postpartum.
- For Family Nurse Practitioner/Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner: one year or more of work experience in nursing is preferred.
Sorry, but due to clinical regulations, only applicants with access to facilities in the 50 United States or U.S. military bases will be considered for admission.
Please note that as a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing will no longer be accepting applications for our distance learning MSN program from students residing in the following states: Massachusetts, New York (effective as of June 25, 2012), Louisiana (Nurse-Midwifery distance learning program only, effective as of October 17, 2012), Oregon (effective as of December 18, 2012), Tennessee, and District of Columbia (effective as of May 9, 2013).