Academic Calendar

Get an advanced nursing degree on your schedule.

You can complete the Master of Science in Nursing program in as few as two years. Take note below of the deadlines for applying, registering, and when classes begin.

Fall 2014

• Application Deadlines*:
    • AGNP, FNP – closed
    • Nurse-Midwifery, Nursing Administration, WHNP – 7/11/2014
  • Registration Deadline: 8/24/14
  • Class Start: 8/25/2014

Spring 2015

• Application Deadlines*:
    • FNP – closed
    • AGNP – 10/24/2014
    • Nurse-Midwifery, WHNP – 11/28/2014
  • Registration Deadline: 1/11/15
  • Class Start: 1/12/2015

* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program availability.

Tags:

Post A Question or Comment

− two = 1

Learn More

Comments

• Candice said:

I don’t see a GPA requirement for the MSN online program…is there one?

• Administrator said:

Hi Candice,

Thank you for the question. For most programs the GPA requirement is a 3.0, but you can check with an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

Administrator

• Lindsay Dowdle said:

I was accepted into the FNP 1.5 years ago. At the time I was unable to start the program due to my military obligations. When I last was looking into reapplying I was told there was a wait list for the program. How long is the wait list to start the FNP program? If I reapplied would I have to wait to start if I apply for Fall 2012? Will I need to resubmit all documents for admission?

• Pamela Bush said:

Lindsay, I am glad to see you are interested again. The University of Cincinnati does not have a waiting list for our FNP program. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2012 term which starts in August 2012. Based on the fact that you had to leave the program for military obligations, you may have more options than having to reapply. I will have your program manager reach out to you to discuss in greater detail or you can contact us directly at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.
      Pamela

• Sharon said:

When the conversion from quarters to semester takes place, will the FNP program have classes in the summer? I know that with the quarter system we have summer classes but with semesters I wonder if that will change. Thanks

• Pamela Bush said:

Sharon, thanks for your question. Yes, there will be a summer semester. Classes will take place in fall, spring and summer beginning fall 2012.

• Laura Hoste said:

I have had my application process on hold due to family obligations. I see the spring term is full. The next application term is fall 2012, correct? Thank you!

• Pamela Bush said:

Laura, due to increased demand for the program we have filled the spring term. At this time we are accepting application for the Fall 2012 Term until 6/1/12. If you are interested in applying, please click here to view the application process. If you have further questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu. We look forward to speaking to you.

• Kate said:

I am completing my BSN and I have a current cumulative GPA of 3.8. I completed by associates degree with a GPA below a 3.0. What GPA does the university use?

• Pamela Bush said:

Kate, thanks for your interest. The UC College of Nursing looks at all post secondary transcripts to determine each applicant’s cumulative GPA, so it would be a combination of the associate degree and your BSN program. If you would like additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 or info@nursingonline.uc.edu.

• Jennifer Burnham said:

Hello-
    I am looking to apply for the FNP Program for the Fall 2012 start date. I see that the application deadline is June 1, 2012. I know that some places have earlier deadlines for their FNP programs due to increased demand is this the case for this deadline or is it the same as the other programs?

• Jennifer, the application deadline of 6/1/12 is the same for the FNP program.

• Peri` said:

I’m just starting my last semester of the ASN-BSN at Western Governors University where a Pass/Fail system is used, rather than a grade point. I’ve been told–and it seems to me–that a “Pass” is equivalent to a “solid B” letter grade, and the rubrics are strict. But there is no GPA. I also have a BA in Psychology from University of South Florida, CGPA was around 3.8, and I stayed on the Dean’s List. My ASN was from Excelsior College, but because as an experienced LPN, I took performance assessments for some of my clincial classes, or provided transfer or CLEP credits for electives, there are some courses that also won’t have a grade. Generally I am an A student, but is my track record going to have enough nursing “GPA evidence” to qualify? I’m pretty excited about the MHNP option, so I figure I’d better let the bubble be burst now if need be. But I’m hard to discourage, so I’d welcome any suggestions as to how to solve that dilemma. It’s also going to be hard to get an instructor’s evaluation letter, too, because we just don’t have that kind of contact. (It’s an unusual system, but it works.) It’s been too long since USF, too. Professional letters from supervisors might be much more do-able.

• Hello Peri, thank you for your interest. We are no longer offering the Psych Mental Health NP program here at UC. For answers to your other specific questions please call us at (866) 225-6764 and one of our Enrollment Advisors will assist you.

• Peri M said:

Hi again,

I’m also most interested in using an MHNP to work with adults, but like Yvette S. who asked back in September, I am wondering how the new regulations for transition to FMHNP vs AMHNP will work. Will those of us enrolled before then be “grandfathered” into practice and given a time period in which to add on the skills/certification for working with children? Do you anticipate offering a post-

• Peri, you’ve asked another great question. Please contact your enrollment advisor who will be glad to answer your questions in detail. Please call our office at (866) 225-6764 for further assistance.

• Pam B said:

I am interested in starting the FNP program in the fall. I also heard that it is closed due to the demand of applications. Is this true?

• Hello Pam, we are still accepting applications for the Fall term. However we anticipate the term closing soon. If you have any additional questions please contact us at (866) 225-6764 for further assistance.

• Courtney said:

I will be completing my BSN on 6-28-12. When will I be able to apply for the FNP Program? What is the first available start date that I would be eligible for?

• Pamela Bush said:

Hello Courtney, the first term you would be eligible to start would be the spring 2013 semester starting in January. Feel free to contact our office at (866) 225-6764 for additional information.

• Katrina said:

Good day! I am interested for the online MSN program. I’m in the Philippines and have completed my BSN course here. I’m an NCLEX passer under California’s Board of Nursing. Am I eligible for this program? When’s the next enrollment date? Thank you!

• Hello Katrina. Due to clinical regulations, only applicants with access to facilities in the 50 United States or U.S. military bases will be considered for admission. If you would like to discuss this further, please call our admissions office at (866)225-6764.

• Helen Murphy said:

I completed 4 courses at Vanderbilt University’s School of Nursing in 2001 while working toward a MSN in Midwifery. Would they apply toward a MSN in Midwifery at UC?

• Hello Helen, transfer credits are accepted but they cannot be more than 5 years old. Please click here to view our transfer policy. Please feel free to contact an Enrollment Advisor with any additional questions.

• Kristin said:

What are the deadlines for applying Fall 2013

• Hi Kristin, thank you for your inquiry. We are currently accepting applications for fall 2012 and spring 2013. We do not have fall 2013 deadline dates at this time. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor at (866) 225-6764 for additional details.

• Elizabeth said:

I am very interested in the FNP program. I worked for 8 years as an RN / BSN. I have been out of work for almost 6 years. Am I still able to apply to this program or do i have to be actively working as an RN?

• Elizabeth, thank you for your inquiry. Recent work experience is preferred, but not required. We do, however, require that you have a current RN license.

• Brandi said:

Is the Women Health NP still open for Fall? Can I still apply?

• Hi Brandi! Yes, the WHNP specialty is accepting applications for the Fall 2012 Semester until 6/1/12. An Enrollment Advisor is available to help you through the process at 866-225-6764.

• Courtney said:

Am I able to apply to the ANP program if my RN liscense is in Pennsylvania and is the Fall program still open?

• Courtney, we are no longer accepting ANP applications for the Fall 2012 Semester as the specialty program is full. We are, however, accepting applications for the Winter 2013 Semester. Please contact your state Board of Nursing to ask about rules and regulations before applying to any distance learning program. Please click here to find a specific state’s Board of Nursing.

• Kristen said:

Now that the program is going to semesters, will Spring 2013 start in January? I graduate with my BSN this coming December and am interested in applying for Spring. Would I be able to appy before I officially receive my BSN degree?

• Hi Kristen, your BSN must be conferred by the start of classes. Classes begin January 7, 2013.

• Julie said:

Does the University of Cincinnati accept WGU graduates?

• Hi Julie, thank you for your inquiry. UC requires that all BSN degrees are completed from a program accredited through either the National League of Nursing (NLN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Nichole said:

I will finish my BA at the end of June, can I still apply for the FNP progam that starts this fall?

• Hi Nichole! In order to be eligible for the online MSN program, you must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Lisa said:

I stumbled across this site, and am very interested in the CSN/NE program. I am currently working as a NE/clinician in a critical care unit. Is the CNS/NE program full for fall, and if so, would the same application be used for the winter term? Also, how would I get the clinical experience?

• Hi Lisa, great question! We are currently enrolling for the spring 2013 term. The application deadline is 10/1/12 and classes begin 1/7/13. You can view the online application process here. Clinicals hours are fulfilled in your community, so their is no obligation to come to campus. Please contact an advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Catherine said:

I’m interested in the FNP program. I have a Master’s in Health Care Administraton and I wanted to know how many credits will transfer or can I receive credits towards this program?

• Hi Catherine, thank you for your inquiry. Please click here to view the transfer credit policy. The university is able to accept 9 to 12 transfer credit hours. Please note that your courses will be evaluated based on acceptance and registration in your first term. You will need to submit a petition for transfer credits and include the syllabi for each course you would like evaluated. Please contact an advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• amy said:

When is the dealine for FNP for winter/spring classes in 2013?

• Hi Amy, the application deadline for our Spring 2013 Semester is 10/1/12. It is important to note that we process a high volume of applications on a daily basis and cannot guarantee that certain specialties will remain available until the deadline date. We urge students to apply as soon as possible. Please contact an advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Mari said:

What is the application deadline for Spring 2013?

• Hi Mari, the application deadline for the Spring 2013 Semester is 10/1/12 with classes beginning on 1/7/13. Please contact an advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Kimberly Jones said:

What is deadline for applications for FNP Spring 2013? and is the GRE required? Thank you.

• Hi Kimberly, the application deadline for the Spring 2013 Semester is 10/1/12 with classes beginning 1/7/13. We do not require the GRE for admission into the program. Please contact an advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

• Van said:

I am interested in the ANP program, and I want to know if there’s a waiting list, if so, how long? When is the dead line to apply? I will have my BSN in August 2012. I have taking three master classes already and wonder, if I will receive any credit for these classes?

• Van, thank you for your inquiry. At this time we do not have a waiting list. We are currently taking applications for our Summer 2013 Semester and the application deadline is 2/11/13. Please click here to view our transfer credit policy. If you would like additional information, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Jennifer said:

It states the application deadlines are subject to change based on program availability. Are applications for fall 2012 still being accepted?

• Hi Jennifer, fall enrollment has closed but we are currently accepting applications for the spring and summer terms. An Enrollment Advisor is available to help you through the application process and answer any program questions you may have. They can be reached at 866-225-6764.

• Jessica said:

Is there a break between semesters?

• Leah said:

When is the deadline to apply for Spring 2013?

• Hi Leah, the application deadline for the spring 2013 term is 10/1/12 for the CNS/NE, FNP, Nursing Administration, Nurse-Midwifery and WHNP specialties. We are accepting ANP applications for the summer 2013 term. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Elisabeth said:

I am finishing an MSN in Health Administration and a teaching certificate in one month. I did the bridge program so technically I do not have a BSN. Do you accommodate students who did the bridge program RN-MSN? I do have a BA and MS on top.

• Hi Elizabeth, all applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Nursing from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited institution. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

• Mary said:

Hi, when is the application deadline for spring and fall of 2013. Thanks.

• Hi Mary, the deadline for the fall semester has passed but we are currently accepting applications for the spring semester until 10/1/12. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

• Beth said:

Is there any way to still apply for fall admission into the FNP program?

• Hi Beth, we are currently enrolling for the summer semester for FNP. The application deadline is 2/11/13. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

• Melinda Edwards said:

I am interested in the spring 2013 WHNP program. I do not have specific experience working in labor and delivery,although trying to get a position is my goal right now. However I do have pediatric experience working at a hospital for psychiatric patients ages 3-18. Would this still allow me to be taken into consideration for the WHNP?

• Melinda, the preference for our WHNP program is women’s health experience. Experience is not required, but it is preferred. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• brad said:

I am anticipated to graduate this fall with my BSN. I have been a ADN nurse for 2 years. Is there a conditional acceptance for the FNP that I can obtain for the upcoming term?

• Hi Brad! You can apply before graduation, but your BSN would need to complete before classes begin. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Raven said:

Is their a template or format for the Letter of Recommendations?

• Hi Raven, your letters of recommendation are completed electronically. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764 for any questions.

• Jeff said:

Can I still apply for the program for Spring 2013?

• Hi Jeff, our Spring 2013 Term has closed. We are taking applications for summer 2013. Classes begin May 6, 2013, and the deadline to apply is February 11, 2013. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor with additional questions at 866-225-6764.

• Hope said:

Will you require a Doctorate degree for your ANP as of 2015?

• Hope, thank you for your inquiry. Every state is different in regards to the DNP program. Please contact your state board of nursing to determine what they will be requiring in 2015. If you have additional questions, please contact an Enrollment Advisor 866-225-6764.

• Briana said:

I was wondering about the Tuition. It is noted by Terms is that the same thing as a semester? I am assuming there are 4 semesters for the NP program or am I incorrect?

• Hi Briana! Thank you for your inquiry. A term equates to a semester. There are three semesters per year. For additional details, please contact any Enrollment Advisor at 866-225-6764.

• Katie said:

Hello! I will graduate with my BSN in May but have worked as a RN for about 2 1/2 years. Am I able to apply for the Summer start for the FNP program?

Thanks!

• Thank you for your inquiry. You are able to begin the application process prior to graduation, but your degree must be conferred before classes begin. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Sheri Miller said:

Is there only 2 times a year to start the programs? I was hoping to wait until Fall as my youngest will be starting school then and I wanted to spend the summer with him before “buckling down” again :)

• Hi Sheri, we currently enroll 3 terms per year for most specialties. We do have a fall start available. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Amanda said:

What is the fall 2013 deadline?

• Hi Amanda, the application deadline for fall 2013 term is May 31, 2013. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor with any questions at 866-225-6764.

• Stephene Druin said:

I wil be graduating with my BSN in December of 2013 and would be interested in starting the WHNP following that in the spring. When would the earliest time be that I could apply for this program?

• Hi Stephanie, please click here to view the admissions requirements for the program. An Enrollment Advisor would be happy to speak with you regarding the process. They can be reached at 866-225-6764.

• Kimberly Newman said:

What are the deadline dates for Fall 2013 admission?

• Hi Kimberly, the fall 2013 application deadline is May 31, 2013. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Jennifer said:

What is your application deadline for Fall 2013?

• Hi, the Fall 2013 Semester application deadline is May 31, 2013. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Maria said:

Obviously I did not make the deadline for the summer program. When is the application deadline for the fall program?

• Hi Maria, the application deadline for fall 2013 is May 31, 2013. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Dawn Myers said:

Can you tell me when the next set of deadlines and start dates are?

• Tracy said:

I have missed the application deadline. Is the 3/1 deadline final? If so, when is the next date to apply for a family np program?

• Hi Tracy, the Fall 2013 Semester application deadline is May 31, 2013. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866-225-6764.

• Abby said:

I missed the deadline for the FNP fall 2013 program. Can I still get in for fall of 2013?

• Hi Abby, unfortunately we are no longer accepting application for the fall semester. Our next application deadline is October 1, 2013 for the spring term. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor for more details at 866.225.6764.

Comments Feed